Belonging to the family of cephalosporin antibiotics, Ceftin is entrusted to fight away the bacteria in the body. This medicine is known to treat several bacterial infections, which includes rigorous or life-threatening ailments.
How should I take Ceftin?
- It would be best if you took Ceftin as per the physician prescription. You must take medication as per instructions and directions. You can consume Ceftin tablets without and with food. When you are taking Ceftin oral suspension, you need to shake the mixture properly.
- You need to make sure that you are taking the correct dose; using the regular spoon, you should take Ceftin oral suspension (liquid) form, you should take the exact dosage in number.
- When you are consuming the tablet, you should maintain the time gap properly. If you find your symptoms are getting better, you must not stop the medication just like that, and you should complete the course properly; however, if you are thinking about treating viral infection, for example, the flu or common cold, then this medicine is not meant for you.
What is the most important information I should know about Ceftin?
- When you are allergic to cefuroxime or something similar to it, for instance, Keflex, Cefzil, Omnicef, and others, you shouldn’t take Ceftin.
- While taking medicine, you talk to the doctor better and inform him if you are allergic to any drugs, such as penicillin. In addition, if you have diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or any intestinal problems or malnourished, you must tell your medical condition and history to your doctor.
- If you are taking birth control pills for preventing pregnancy, then this medication may slow the process. Therefore, when you are prescribed to take Ceftin, you should use another kind of birth control measure. You should not administer the process on your own rather, and you should leave the matter to your physician.
- You need to take medicine for the entire length of time under the supervision of a doctor. Ceftin is not used to treat viral infections such as the common cold or flu.
- If you are having diarrhoea or have a tendency towards it, you must talk to your physician. In addition, you must contact your doctor when you trace blood in your bowel, and you must not take any medicine without consulting a doctor.
- Your urine test may have some false results because of Ceftin intake, even when you have glucose (sugar) tests.
If I miss a dose
- The moment you miss a dose, take it the moment you remember it. But if you remember the dose right while taking the second dose, you must abstain from taking the missed dose and the scheduled one.
- Extra medication may turn out to be fatal for you. So if you want to get better, you should follow the schedule properly.
Possible side effects I may experience
Among the side effects there are vomiting, unusual tiredness, drowsiness and stomach pain. If any of these effects continue or deteriorate, then you should talk to your doctor immediately.